Have fun learning about about money as you travel through the solar system!
Congress enacted the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) in 1988, to prohibit unfair or deceptive acts or practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. COPPA required the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to issue and enforce regulations concerning children's online privacy. The FTC's COPPA rule became effective on April 21, 2000. The FTC issued and amended Rule on December 19, 2012; which became effective on July 1, 2013.
The Rule applies to operators of commercial Web sites and online services (including mobile applications) directed to children under 13 that collect, use, or disclose personal information from children.
The amended Rule defines personal information to include:
- First and last name;
- A home or physical address including street, city, or town;
- Online contact information;
- A screen or user name that functions as online contact information;
- A telephone number;
- A social security number;
- A persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different Websites or online services (cookies);
- A photograph, video, or audio file where such file contains a child's image or voice;
- Geolocation information sufficient to identify street name and name of city or town; or
- Information concerning the child or the parents of that child that the operator collects online from the child and combines with an identifier described above.
The GCKids pages of our website are designed to encourage children and their parents to develop strong financial management skills.
GCF recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of its customers, regardless of age. We believe that protecting children's identities and online privacy is very important. We do not solicit or collect personal information from children. GCF does record statistics about which pages of our GCKids section are visited, how much time is spent on a particular page, etc. GCF uses this information for internet review purposes only. This information enables us to tell which areas of our web site are of most interest to our users, which avenues of site promotion are most effective and when peak usage times occur.
Cookies are pieces of data used by webservers to identify individual users that have accessed a web site. Cookies are placed on a user's PC to help navigation and personalize their online experience. GCF's cookies are not written to disk. Once you exit our web site the cookie is no longer needed and removed from memory.
GCF conspicuously discloses this policy on the GCKids homepage, and instructs users to contact GCF Bank if they feel any personal information was inadvertently provided:
If you believe your child has provided personally identifiable information to us, please contact us so we can allow you the opportunity to review and delete such information. Please call Karen Borgesi at 856-589-6600, ext. 394, send an email or write us at:
381 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell, New Jersey 08080